Is Windows 8.1 still available?

The best thing is to install Virtual Box then follow the directions. Will seem less complicated then.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Forums

Ok I have Virtual Box installed. My question is the following procedures necessary?

"Step 2 – It's time to start up the VM again. To start Windows up into Safe Mode, you'll need to constantly press F8 (Fn+F8 on a Mac and some Windows laptops) until you see the “Windows Advanced Options Menu”. Here you'll want to select Safe Mode using the arrow keys and then press Enter."

'You'll see a long list of seemingly random text – this is a list of the exact drivers that Windows is loading to be used in Safe Mode. Windows will boot after this.
Step 3 – Once you've logged in as Administrator, a window mentioning Safe Mode will pop up; it's safe to dismiss it straight away.
Now, go to the Devices menu for the VM; on OS X this can be found in the menu bar while the VM window is selected, or for Windows/Linux it will be at the top of the VM window itself (you might have to press the “alt” key to reveal it). Here you'll see an option labelled “Install Guest Additions…”. Clicking on this will mount an .iso file as a CD on the VM.'

"tep 4 – Once the Guest Additions CD has been mounted the setup wizard should automatically pop up. If it doesn't, go to “My Computer” and click on the CD to start it (which should be D: by default)."

At what instance in the creation on Virtual Drive do I put my Windows XP disk in the DVD drive?

Last edited:
I have never had any such problems.
Now that you have VirtualBox installed, click "Create a new virtual machine", and follow the built in procedure. The program will take care of most of the setup itself, so all you will have to do is install as normal once it sets the settings for the VM.

If you need me to, I can create a video showing you how to do all of this.

I have never had any such problems.
Now that you have VirtualBox installed, click "Create a new virtual machine", and follow the built in procedure. The program will take care of most of the setup itself, so all you will have to do is install as normal once it sets the settings for the VM.

If you need me to, I can create a video showing you how to do all of this.

Thank you much for the help.

Glad to help friend. :)
If you run into any other trouble, feel free to ask. We are always here to help.
Please keep in mind that you will still need an ISO file or an install disk for this to work, as well as a working license key.

I wrote a question 2 replies ago. That is all that I need to know so far.

Back
Top Bottom