Best Gaming PC?

FyrTygr

Beta member
Hi! Im Fyr.

So my previous PC, (The HP Envy M6) just crashed for the 5th time. HardDrive issues. I have lost all my stuff 4 times now ;-;. I know. Why didn't I start to back up after the second time? Duh. Anyways, I had this warranty plan with BestBuy that after three repairs, I get a new computer of the same specs, of any brand, or a gift card of the price of the computer, which is 800$CAD. Now, I know it would be wiser to get a computer of the same specs, so what do you guys think? Any brand, any cost. Oh, and I am NOT custom building, because I can't get a warranty on them. I am currently looking at these:

Alienware 17 Full HD Gaming Laptop Details | Dell Canada

Alienware X51 Gaming Desktop Details | Dell Canada

I was also looking at a Mac, but I don't think that is worth gaming on. The only game I really play,is Minecraft, but I use HD texture packs, and I also use some mods, including optifine. So what I'm asking is, what do you guys thing I should get? and remember, no custom builds, and it can be any brand!

Hi! Welcome to ComputerForums.org! :)

My pref would defiantly be the Alienware 17, as it would likely be better for minecraft. Plus, its portable, which is a huge thing with me.
The other one really looks very similar, so I doubt you will see much difference. But, it not being portable would be a problem when comparing them side by side. The specs line up, and 17 is a laptop.
But thats just my preference. You will see a huge difference in opinion between different people, so try picking what is right to you.

Last edited:
I would stay far away from alienware they are overpriced you can pick up a laptop for the same price that is way more powerful

Sent from my iPad using Computer Forums

You are comparing 2 different kinds of computers.
The only one who knows what to pick of those 2 are yourself.

Depends on what you want. A Laptop is certainly more mobile, but has a bit less power than the desktop. In any case I wouldn't recommend going with alienware, because they are a little overpriced (you have to pay for the brand name).

Back
Top Bottom