I wonder if it would be possible to overclock my system...

I am not sure if the motherboard will allow overclocking, Even if the CPU is a K version.
If the chipset isn't ether Z75 or Z77. He will still not be able to overclock.

He might be able to increase the bclk and get a little more performance but Sandy bridge and up are designed to be overclock via the multiplier, which is locked on certain chipsets and non "K" CPU's. bclk overclocking can very quickly make the system unstable. So that is only recommended for enthusiasts to get that little extra out of their already high overclock.

(he could actually also increase the bclk on his current setup if he could find a workaround or a supported BIOS. The K versions and supported chipsets are really "only" unlocking the multiplier)

Last edited:
See, thats the thing. I really dont want to install an unsupported BIOS for fear of what it would do if somthing where to go wrong.

Yeah overclocking are more for custom builds.
If you are not satisfied with your computer. I'll recommend building your own and sell your current. When building your own, you can easily upgrade hardware yourself in the future and overclock as much as your hardware will take

Sorry, I really didnt notice the new post in this thread. :confused:
In any case, thanks for all of your help guys.
@BikerEcho: I will work on getting the monies together to build my own. I still have a lot to learn before undertaking such a task, but there is plenty of help out there. This will be my first custom build, so its going to be a while.

I will let you guys know when/if it gets done.

Back
Top Bottom