Recommended Hardware selection

atomichybrid

In Runtime
Hi there!

As the title suggests, I'm looking to buy some parts that your can recommend. I want to build two towers, here is what I want to work out.

1st tower
I would like this to do a lot of editing like video editing, photoshop (basically adobe design software) and also word processing and general computing, though I like the speed of the processing to be fast for the encoding and all.

2nd tower
I would like some general computing, CAD and photoshop if needed and the catch for this one is to run with 6 monitors simultaneously running at 1920x1080. This computer is more of a productivity use and would like it to be fast as well. Why this insane demand? well my current 4 screen setup is no longer holding it together and need the extra workspace.

I'm willing to spend a few for the necessary components though it should be justifiable for that selection, it doesnt have to be the worlds best computer, just the right parts for these functions.

I appreciate any information on what I should look for and what parts you can recommend.

Cheers

6 monitors? Wow, I have never used a setup with more than 2 before.
Sorry, but this may have to wait until someone with more hardware experience than I have gets on, as I dont want to lead you in the wrong direction...

Well I want 2 computers as this is for a workplace, one for the graphic designer and one for me, it would seem silly for us to share the one almighty one. As for the six monitors, I want to eventually get to six, right now I'm on 4 monitors and I have to be very up to date in terms of information and require multiple screens. Like I have mentioned before its not holding well, when I am working on 3D CAD with the other windows left open it lags quite considerably (should have mentioned this earlier).

This is something I need for the workplace not for personal use. Hope this clears things up.

I spoke to some people who do a lot of video editing, they say you need a capable graphics card for rendering and was wondering if thats what I should be looking for. Graphic design stuff is not my area here and want to optimise my selection so that the process of rendering or woking is nice and snappy.

I appreciate the concern of costs here, but like I said before I'm willing to spend a few if the selection will serve my purposes for the long run.

Cheers

I am sure others will have a lot more to say on the subject, but I will add my 2cents while they are still worth somthing XD

If I where building a workstation for graphics, I would probably look into how gaming rigs are set up. At least to use it as a launching point so that I could make informed decisions during the build.

I know that more moniters means more memory usage. So I would guess that your going to want a powerful... everything. The more you are asking of a computer, the stronger it needs to be.

But, as stated above, I am pretty sure that someone much better at this type of thing that I am can come in and give more detailed info. With this type of build, I would be almost as lost as you are.

I just have to ask this... what is the use byond 2 at the most? I simply never used more than 2, and right now, I survive with just one perfectly fine.

Although that was a legit question, I guess its up to the individual eh?

Or better say, it depends on the use.

There are technologies that allow games to span over multiple monitors. If done horizontally, some games allow extending the field of view (FoV) to the sides to see more of the world of the game. I did that on some games and they looked beautiful. Games like Diablo 3, Torchlight 2, and so many FPS games support that tech. Not to mention professional multi tasking, including entertainment at the same time. I also sometimes play games spanned on three monitors while having a webpage with breakthroughs open on the forth, or even watching the progress of an important download.

Back
Top Bottom