trovi and bing

billozz

In Runtime
the problem i am having is trovi and bing. instead of google being the default search engine when i start chrome its something called trovi, if i open another tab then google is the search engine on that tab, but its just annoying having to do that all the time, not a major problem more of an annoyance really, can anyone help me get rid?
btw it doesnt showupin programs in control panel so cant uninstall there, i have scanned with malware and hitmanpro and spybot to no avail
thanks
Bill

1. Open Google Chrome.
  2. In the top right corner of the page, click the Chrome menu.
  3. Click Settings.
  4. In the "Search" section, select Google from the drop-down menu.

Also if your startup page is one of those engines, you can change that to google via the settings aswell. It's under "on startup"

yes thanks for all the help it worked and as BikerEcho said i had to change the startup page too.
now that i have google back as my homepage can anyone tell me how to put shortcuts to websites on it please
thanks

I dont think chrome allows control of that on its start page unless you use an addon.
I could be wrong of course, but I have never seen that as an option.

well im not sure if they are called shortcuts but when i opened chrome i had about 6 icons for various websites that i frequent, i would just click on them aand go to the site

On any website that you have open in a tab, rightclick that tab, and click "Pin tab". Is that what you where looking for?

Well those are frequently used webpages.
If you want "shortcuts" (or bookmarks as they are called) click control + shift + b.
You will see a bookmark bar appear. When making a bookmark you are given an option on where to place the bookmark. Choose bookmark bar. Then you will have your "shortcuts" with you no matter what site you are on.

sorry thats not what i want ill take a screen shot and may be that will help. as you can see this is google homepage and there are references to webpages, id like to know how they got there and if i can add to them
thanks
Bill

Attachments

• Fullscreen capture 16112014 093601.jpg
    Fullscreen capture 16112014 093601.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 5
Back
Top Bottom