I wonder if it would be possible to overclock my system...

Draygoes

Fully Optimized
I am trying to figure out how to overclock my system.
It is a Dell XPS 8600 running Windows 7 x64.
BIOS is up to date.

I cannot find any options in the BIOS to follow any of the instructions that I have seen online. As in, nothing that would allow me any extra control over the hardware.

If anyone has any ideas, I would really love the help. After trying for several months, I am up for almost anything, as I have completely given up, and Dell as a company is useless.

Thanks for reading.

If the bios doesn't have OC features unlocked, then you are pretty much out of luck.
In a few cases the software called clockgen works. But if your motherboard doesn't have a specific... i think it's called pll number. then it's not gonna do anything for you.

You can also google the computer model name and see if some smart guy has developed or found a hack to overclock that specific model. I overclocked a netbook once. I had to use an outdated version of a not so popular overclocking program. Before even starting the OC i had to change some stuff in the .ini file. Then i worked.

Last edited:
Assuming it has an Intel cpu, there probably is no option in the BIOS to overclock because the cpu is a non-K version. For Intel cpus, only versions with a K designator can be overclocked.

Edit: Looked around and the only Dell XPS 8600 I could find was an old laptop from 2004? If this is what you're talking about, I believe it predates Intel using the K designation on their processors.

Last edited:
Thats strange, because what I am refering to is a desktop.
Product Support | Dell US
EDIT: My bad, its XPS 8300.
I pressed the wrong key lol Sorry!
Well, in any case, that page will tell you just about everything to do with my rig... I think anyway.
If not, then I can save a text file from sysinfo...

Last edited:
Looks like it has a Core i7-2600 processor, no K designation so I believe it cannot be overclocked.

If you look at your system properties (right-click on Computer in Start Menu, select properties), it will tell you what processor you have.

Yep. Oh well.
Thank you all for your help! :)
EDIT
Reading that link that you posted BK_123, the following makes me giggle a bit to much, out of irony if nothing else.
"Integrated 7.1 with THX TruStudio PCâ„¢ sound delivers a killer audio experience"
Yeah, Killer audio experience eh? I have seen better audio on a Kindle, and that is NOT a joke! :rofl:
I am sure it has somthing to do with my headphones and whatnot... but to outright lie like that? Thats funny and wrong at the same time. :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom