Installing a SSD

It's missing the power that allows the hot-swap capabilities but otherwise has everything that an SSD or regular HDD. In the literally hundreds of PCs I've put those in I've never seen it cause issues in any way shape or form.

Hi guys,

so im having a slight problem with putting a fresh install of windows onto my ssd, i unplug my old Hard drive and plug my ssd in.

Boot windows up from my CD drive and when i choose where i want to install windows it says theres a missing windows file?

68d733dc3f.jpg

This error is usually caused by a bad windows disk. what version of windows are you trying to install?

Hi, thanks for the reply,

will i be able to download it onto my external harddrive and boot off there?

and also do i just use my old windows activation code?

No. However you can get free tools to take the ISO and a flash drive and make that bootable.

If by the activation code do you mean the key on the side of the computer or something else? You will need to use the windows key which should be on a sticker somewhere on your computer.

If I may...
A portable HD and a flash drive will be treated the same by your computer and the following tool: Microsoft Store

In fact, that works for HD's SSD's and Flash Drive. Just use it on the device you wish to install windows from, and boot from that device. (Note: I have done all 3...)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom