Is Windows 8.1 still available?

I found this which may help you. You said you do have your key right?
How to Download the Windows 8.1 ISO image using a Windows 8 key
Please follow every step exactly as it says. Do not skip any steps or it will not work.

If that still does not work, let us know. We are still waiting for permission on our end to make a move. BK_123 is the one who needs the permission. We both have the file, but my upload speed is to low to be able to get it to you in a timely manner.

The techie from Microsoft rang me back and is somehow manually installing 8.1.. I have no Idea how him worked past the problem that I was having.

But my computer screen indicates 8.1 is downloading. I am going to see if him will give me the steps that him took and provide me with a 8.1 disk incase I need to reinstall 8.1 myself.

I will keep the instructions on the ISO file though.

I am getting 8.1 Pro.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Forums

True. So far so good. The peep installing 8.1 checked keep files. So i changed that to keep files and the applications that I had installed.

The installation worked. I asked the techie if I could get a Windows 8.1 disk. I was told that when installing other devices that I would not be asked for the Windows installation disk.

I asked him also what the procedure is to install the update that was used. Him told me in some other words, it is something that can only be done there and did not tell me how that was accomplished.

Now I will search for the ISO file.

The instructions that I listed above will probably help you get it installed in the future.
I cannot believe that the tech told you that it can only be done by them. That is a load if I ever heard one.

Did not make sense to me either. Something about Windows 8 and 8.1 are installed by a key code there.

Now that I have Windows version 8.1 a webpage where a newscast played fine not on that same webpage (bookmarked) does not show that option. Was playing using built in flash player.

I checked for updates there are 68 In which I am downloading and installing now. Maybe one of those updated will fix this.

If not any ideas why this happened?

Back
Top Bottom