Is Windows 8.1 still available?

It doesn't always update automatically, mine didn't so I did it manually which is a bit of faf around but it did work. Don't expect things to go quickly either like normal updates. 8.1 is a big download and a big install. Here are the instructions to get it from the Microsoft site.

Updating to Windows 8.1 from Windows 8 - Windows Help

Hope that helps.

I was on the Microsoft webpage and chose to download 8.1. By choosing get the update. Hit that icon took me to the sentence the update isn't available for your PC or you. Ugh the be using an edition of windows that doesn't support updating from the store. I can visit CNET to download 8.1 from an 3 rd party web page from there the cost is 119.00. That is a scam because a note on my computer reads this is supposed to be a free upgrade.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Forums

I was on the Microsoft webpage and chose to download 8.1. By choosing get the update. Hit that icon took me to the sentence the update isn't available for your PC or you. Ugh the be using an edition of windows that doesn't support updating from the store. I can visit CNET to download 8.1 from an 3 rd party web page from there the cost is 119.00. That is a scam because a note on my computer reads this is supposed to be a free upgrade.

You should inform Cnet of this. Because yes, that is a scam.

I contacted Microsoft and what I found out is the version of windows that I have is Windows pro 8 Volume license. I have no idea what that is but that is why the update is not available.

I was asked to ring up Microsoft Volume License Department and give the peep there the reference number and from there hopefully the computer can get updated.

I have an ISO for it but don't know if I'd be allowed to share it, Its genuine and doesn't have a product key..

Back
Top Bottom