Pesky adverts

I wouldn't use Internet Explorer at all if I was you. Instead I use Firefox as my main browser although I will occasionally switch to IE when the need arises which isn't very often. Firefox has more protective programs available too and one I am using right now is No Script which has blocked ads and those pesky videos that play in the background and annoy you to death. As to malware protection I like SuperAntiSpyware free edition available here SUPERAntiSpyware | Remove Malware | Remove Spyware - AntiMalware, AntiSpyware, AntiAdware!

I have installed Adblock Plus for IE and it appears as installed when I click on 'Programmes & Features' and it works a treat and stops the adverts fine.

However, I have started to use Firefox a bit more now and so I downloaded Adblock for Firefox, the system is telling me that it has been successfully installed but, when I look in 'Programmes & Features' it does not appear and, when I go into a site using Firefox I still get the adverts popping up.

Anyone got any ideas please.

Many thanks.

I use Palemoon which is built based on firefox. You might like it if you gave it a try, but remember to use AdblockPlus addon, and anything else that you wish. It will accept any addon designed for firefox so that speaks to its functionality.

These pesky adverts are back again despite me downloading the recommendations from fellow members.

Are there any other suggestions please. Any help will be gratefully received. Thank you.

These pesky adverts are back again despite me downloading the recommendations from fellow members.

Are there any other suggestions please. Any help will be gratefully received. Thank you.

I know you said you installed adblock for firefox, but did you get it from here. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/updated-ad-blocker-for-fire/?src=search This is where i got mine from and it works perfectly.

P.S. after you install it, you have to close down firefox and then reopen it to have it start working for you....hope this helps.

If you are logged in you should not be seeing adverts....

I know you said you installed adblock for firefox, but did you get it from here. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/updated-ad-blocker-for-fire/?src=search This is where i got mine from and it works perfectly.

P.S. after you install it, you have to close down firefox and then reopen it to have it start working for you....hope this helps.
Hello again, thanks for the link, I used it but am still getting the adverts, especially when I go into eBay.

Janet H, I didn't think that I had to log into the browser that I am using, silly question, but how do I do that. I can't see a log-in icon anywhere.

Thanks for all the help so far.

Hello again, thanks for the link, I used it but am still getting the adverts, especially when I go into eBay.

Janet H, I didn't think that I had to log into the browser that I am using, silly question, but how do I do that. I can't see a log-in icon anywhere.

Thanks for all the help so far.

*I think* she means, that if you're logged into this forum, there shouldn't be any adverts on any of the forum pages.

Back
Top Bottom