Windows 10

quote by Terry Myerson (Leads the Windows and Xbox operating system group at Microsoft)
We have done Windows 7, we have done Windows 8. Now would it be the time for Windows 9. but we know based on the product that's coming, and just how different our approach will be overall. It wound't be right to call it Windows 9.

For what i can see so far in the technical preview, that statement is Bulls**t

Yeah can see him talk about the naming here
Windows 10: Enterprise Features & Core Experience for Businesses - YouTube

Last edited:
I don't understand why Micro$oft would skip windows 9 and go straight to 10.
I'm a fan of windows 7 and will prabably remain on that OS as my choice of OS to stay with. Idk i guess i'm old fashioned....wich is why i love classic rock.

EDIT: I don't think i'll be testing windows 10 though.

Windows 10 has its bugs, but they have been quick to fix a lot of them.
My largest issue is that they are still forcing Tiles on us. Sure its in the start menu now, but I would rather not have to install third party software to be able to pretend that its not there.

I have sent plenty of feedback to that extent as well. I believe that they should still give the option to turn it off completely.

I agree. In general, even when you remove all the tiles, the start menu isn't that good.
The classic is way better. Though i like the web search feature, but it's about the only thing it does better than the classic start menu

I have to sort of agree with you on the web search feature, but even that I feel is not really needed. Still, if they fixed everything else and left that in as a "Feature", I would not complain. :rolleyes:

Another thing that I cannot stand about it is that you cannot remove two of the icons from the taskbar. The Virtual Keyboard (Are we really still treating this like a tablet OS only???), and the search icon. I have yet to find a way to get rid of them. Good thing I am only running this as a VM :whistling:

Where do you see the virtual keyboard icon. I think they removed it in the latest build. Have you update it lately?

Yeah the search icon is a joke. It's the exact same search as the one in the start menu.
Why have it. It's a waste of space.

And having an option to hide the task view icon would be great aswell. We need options Microsoft.

To remove the Touch Keyboard from the Task Bar, right-click on the Task Bar and select Toolbars, then remove check mark next to "Touch Keyboard".

Last edited:
WINDOWS 8 is ok. But the menus look too much like Windows 7. If the menues looked like XP then Windows 8 would be perfect.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Forums

Back
Top Bottom