Toolbar on Windows 8

ukrberserker23

Baseband Member
Can someone ask Microsoft why my volume setting goes down all the time from using the side bar to shut my computer down? I know they designed this system for tablets, and it really sucks for laptops.

ehh. I am not following. What is the problem again?
The volume goes down every time you turn off the computer. So you have to turn it up again next time you use it?

Yes. Every time I go to switch it off, it reduces the volume. Sound works fine on laptop, whatever the volume is set at. I think it is just because the toolbar pops up over the volume control. Basically, just another bad design.

If it's such a bad design, why does it only happen to you on your laptop? I don't have that issue on my laptop and haven't heard of others with that issue.

Don't know. Mine is an HP 2000 laptop. It is 2 years old. But it is a bad design for a laptop program. When I want the pop-up bar, it never pops up. When I don't want it, it always pops up. If I had the money to change it, I would be running Linux instead. XP was the best Windows program, and everything since then has sucked.

Don't know. Mine is an HP 2000 laptop. It is 2 years old. But it is a bad design for a laptop program. When I want the pop-up bar, it never pops up. When I don't want it, it always pops up. If I had the money to change it, I would be running Linux instead. XP was the best Windows program, and everything since then has sucked.
You can disable the Charms if you're running Win 8.1. Right-click on the Task Bar and select Properties. On the navigation tab, uncheck the box to not show the charms when the mouse pointer goes to the upper-right corner:
charms.png

If you ever wish to bring up the charms you can always press Win + C. Also, the charms will still come up if you hover the mouse pointer in the lower right corner.

Last edited:
I have never encountered this issue either. :confused:
I have a number of bugs that I have reported to MS, but none of them include anything to do with audio.
I will do what I can to reproduce your problem, but I doubt it is Windows 8 thats causing it.

Sorry that I couldnt help more. :facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom