Your Religious Views

I don't think you should judge people with what they believe in unless it is extreme like killing or torture but what do I know I'm only young :)
yeah, I hate religious extremists.

except extremist Buddhists, they are generally harmless.

You're right...

There's nothing wrong with being religious and going to church and stuff. Those people who kill abortion doctors and the "God hates fags" people seriously need to be slapped around, though.

Those people are quite infuriating. I relate it to the radical Muslims that attack the Western culture - they are not representative of the vast majority of Muslims. Also, I think that the Westboro Baptist Church people are wrong. They are not at all a good representation of how God feels about homosexuality, soldiers, abortion, etc.

I have been meaning to ask you guys.
What is the difference between catholic and Christianity?
In my country we are mostly atheists, agnostic theists, Muslims and a few Christians .

WOW! What a thread. I had no idea this existed. Now that Biker brought it back, no telling what's going to happen on here now. :lol:

I might as well say sense most people have, I'm an atheist. Not going into detail, I'd rather debate sports (Which I don't care for.) then debate religion.

Then i guess this is the wrong thread for you :)
I am an atheist too btw. Have been all my life.
.... well i had a religious moment at the age of 13. My sister had started on a christian school. that had some influence on me. But i quickly snapped out of it. What she said just didn't make sense to me.
(my sister is an atheist today)

Oh old thread... Should probably close this... But first to answer your question.

Since it's been in the news a lot over the last few years thanks to everything in the Middle East, you are probably aware that there's (to make a generalization) 2 denominations of the Islam Religion - Sunni and Shia.

Christianity is much of the same only there is much more than 2 denominations. Catholosism (Catholics) are one denomination where Lutherans, Baptist, Protestants and so on are also popular denominations. Again to make generalizations all the denominations believe in the same god and read from the same bible. The difference tends to be in their interpretations of the bible and what's expected of those in charge & their followers. Just to use a key example: Catholic priests cannot marry or have kids as their belief is that this makes them more holly and closer to god. Lutheran priests on the other hand can get married and have kids as in the bible God tells man to be fruitful and have a lot of kids so therefore they must lead by example.

I was raised as a Lutheran and had it rammed down my throat, even forced to go to classes to become "confirmed". I was also forced to be an Acolyte (Catholics call them Altar Boys) where I had to wear a ridiculous robe and light candles and help with Communion. I always hated it and couldn't understand how anyone could believe the stuff they were teaching me. Once I turned 18 and was given the choice, I completely abandoned religion and adopted an Atheist view and have never regretted that decision.

When my kids were growing up, I tried very hard not to impose my views on them but let them develop their own views. All 4 of them adopted an Atheist view with no coaching from me.

Oh old thread... Should probably close this...

You close this thread and I'll haunt your dreams with My Little Pony and Easy Bake Oven commercials. No no, no no, I got it. Hot wheels and Playdoh commercials. :whistling:

Back
Top Bottom