Having trouble with setting up a network since I replaced my hard drive.

andybroad13

Beta member
I have a packard bell laptop and my hard drive packed up, so far I've managed to get windows 7 working but I figure i'm missing a few drivers.

When i try to connect to the internet it says "windows did not detect any networking hardware".

if anyone could help me out with what i need to do now, it would be appreciated. I dont have any experience of replacing a hard drive so its likely i have missed a few steps too.

Thanks

If you know the model of the computer, Get on another computer and download the drivers, Put them on a USB drive and install them that way..

Hi there, thanks for your replies.
The laptop model is EN TK37 and I have had a look on the website
(Support Download) for what I should download, but I have downloaded every single thing, put them on a memory stick, and extracted them on the packard bell.

Yet, after restarting the computer, I still have the same message of "windows did not detect any networking features)

Before the laptop was broken, there was a light that came up on the laptop which hasn't appeared once since putting in the new hard drive.

(yes, I have searched for a physical switch, there isn't one)

Thanks in advance guys, I have completely run out of ideas!

I am not familiar with the Packard Bell laptops although I know they sold desktops here in the United States. I am familiar with Dell laptops however and I know you have to be very careful when replacing a hard drive or anything else with them or you can knock something loose. So maybe you knocked a wire loose since you believe you have all of the drivers. Sometimes too those downloaded driver files are zip files and finding the exact correct file to use can be a bit difficult. Dell has fairly easy to use zip files for instance and I recently experienced how Samsung does with their zip files as I had bought a used Samsung and I wasn't too pleased with the driver files. Most Wifi drivers by the way have the name Broadcom as most wifi cards are made by them as well as wired cards so look to see if you downloaded a Broadcom file.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom