Replacing audio track on video reording

stroller

Beta member
Hi There,

I have recently recorded a video of a wedding dance, but the sound track is distorted. I have downloaded a replacement track from itunes, and I want to replace the distorted track with the downloaded track. I have tried using windows movie-maker, but the two tracks are overlaid. Can anyone recommend software that will remove the existing track and replace it with the new one?

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Hey there :)

I use virtualdub for this but it kinda works best with AVI extensions. Highlight all the track and dub it in a video direct streaming mode but with the audio encoding option as "none" or equivalent (don't remember what it was called)

You can then direct stream copy the audio-less video dubbing the new track on it.

Don't remember where specific option are, but the above can be done with virtualdub natively.

The last time I used it, it was a free software.

Edit:
I confused you with another member called Strollen (if I get the spelling right) :)

Last edited:
Edit:
I confused you with another member called Strollen (if I get the spelling right) :)

Me too :)

You can actually do this in movie maker. Just click on the clip. Then in the audio options you can simply turn down the volume to 0.
The then only sound that plays is the track you added.

Back
Top Bottom