My paypal was hacked

Normal

Solid State Member
So I have been hacked. The transfer went to GREEN DOT BANK Checking (Unconfirmed) x-8895. Their were two accounts to transfer money to bank account Royal Bank Savings Account and GREEN DOT BANK Checking (Unconfirmed) x-8895. I NEVER put this GREEN DOT BANK Checking (Unconfirmed) x-8895. Some one hacked me and took some of my funds($320). I deleted that account attached to my paypal and my Royal Bank Savings Account. I've been resetting all of my passwords. I'M SO MAD what do I do next???

This happened while I was in the States I was logging into my paypal in the states I was there for 5 days and I was using the hotels wifi.

FACTS:

1. I was in the states which this happened.

2. The money went to a Green Dot prepaid credit card,

3. I googled and Green Dot Moneypak cards are only available in the US for use by US residents.

I'm wondering if it's likely that I was hacked in the U.S.

Also how should I approach paypal do they refund you if you get hacked?

Thank you.

I have never had a paypal account or ever used their service, but I would contact paypal and see what they could do for you.

Contact paypal, and contact your bank.
Most of all you're a victim of bank fraud so contact the police.

Paypal should know why the money has gone to, and where the transfer was made from.

the hotels wifi? maybe ring the hotel and let them know to what happened, wouldn't want them hacking someone else, and next time never use any banks on free wifi, it's really easy to obtain people's information.

Back
Top Bottom