Kali on android?

new2Computers

Solid State Member
I was thinking about installing kali on one of my old phones, so I could get more use out of it than just collecting dust. All the apps I see online show how to install a linux distribution ALONGSIDE the android OS, whereas I want to run kali INSTEAD of the android OS. I have everything set up, I would just like an idea of how to go about doing it before I begin and screw something up. I'd need to be able to run wifi and a lot of kali's penetration testing software so I can experiment (my job involves finding network vulnerabilities). Beyond that it doesn't really have to do much.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437P using Computer Forums mobile app

It seams to be quite easy to do. I got a little interested my self.
Check this video out. You do have to be rooted to do this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ2eDb9EjzE

Can i ask why exactly you need this?
Nothing speeds up an old android phone like installing a low profile custom ROM.
You can also install custom kernels optimized for performance to get that little extra.
Slight overclocking is also an option for squeezing even more performance out of it. however that impacts the batterylife.

Last edited:
I don't NEED it per se, I just want to experiment with pen testing. Nothing illegal, just stuff to help with my job.

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

I want to see what can be done, so I can see what to expect.

Back
Top Bottom