Old(ish) geek in the house

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
It has a been a very long time since I have posted one of these.

I am Trotter, the admin over at Tech-Forums (another forum owned by Social Knowledge). I thought I would drop in and see how things were going around here, maybe try to get to know the neighbors so to say.

I am 46 years old and live in SE Tennessee. I am a family man and grandpa to two awesome little girls. I am foremost a computer geek but have been delving quite a bit into the phone scene of late. It just sucks to not have loads of free cash to feed my habits/addictions.

I see that CF has quite a bit in common with TF. I hope to get a better feel for both the similarities and differences as time goes by.

Peace out.

Hello & Welcome Trotter to CF. It's nice to see someone from another forum visit our little community here at CF.

I hope you decide to stick around and maybe make some new friends. I am mr. mixx an old time member here. I also like you love computers, but as for me i never went to college to learn more about computers like i would like to.

I am all self taught when it comes to computers. :)

Anyways, welcome aboard...:cool:

I am mostly self taught as well. I learned most of what I know on Tech-Forums. I started there as a bare n00b and worked my way up.

I have an Associates in Information Technology, and it and a buck-fifty will get you a cup of coffee. Seriously. Very little of the coursework had anything to do with IT, like a class in pseudocode, one in Java, and a couple on project management. Everything else had little or no bearing on IT. At least it was my employer paying the tuition and not me.

Welcome Trotter! Always good to have some more people with field experience :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Computer Forums mobile app

Welcome to CF. I'm also a member over at Tech-Forums, you may be familiar with me from there.

If 46 is an oldish geek, then at 61 I'm an ancient geek! I started working in the tech industry in 1972 and worked in the disk drive business testing and repairing disk drives for more than 10 years BEFORE I got my first PC. I always wondered what the heck disk drives were useful for until I got my own.

OMG, I first misread geek as Greek!

Am I turning nuts? I mean, more than I already am?

I was wondering why your English sounded so good for a Greek!

Back
Top Bottom