Microsoft Accounts - Outlook data sync to Windows Phone - Security

guitardude

Beta member
So I got all excited because I just purchased a "Windows" phone and ASSUMED that it would be a piece of cake to sync it to my MS Outlook calendar and contacts. BUT Noooooo..... From EVERYTHING I read in order to sync my MS Outlook information I HAVE TO create a stupid MS Account. How STUPID is that when the Blackberry Torch I was using synced right up to my Outlook calendar, contacts and even my notes. OH yea, it also pulled in ANY photos and music automatically. This has really pissed me off, I called both MS (they wouldn't help because it's a Phone product) and then I call Nokia to verify that I had to have a MS account. they indicated that "Yes!" I MUST have a MS Account UNBELIEVABLE! Who the heck need another E-mail address and account JUST to sync stuff from your Laptop to your phone. Does Apple do this?

So my questions is, how SAFE will my MS Outlook data be if I create a MS account? Are there any HUGE benefits to doing so, as this is ONLY for my personal use. Like I said, I'm REALLY PISSED I can't just plug in my USB cable and sync my MS phone to my MS computer. Why the hell did they do this?

Sorry for venting,...... Any "positive" information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
David

Back
Top Bottom