can it be recovered

swarbs

Beta member
I have an advent laptop and am no computer wizard but was wondering whether there is anyway I can recover data after peforming a ' full destructive recovery' in Windows 7? I did this a few weeks ago without perfoming a back up but realised after using the laptop the other day that i may have had photos on it. Have i irretrievably lost this data becuase i've overwritten it and made it any worse by using it since?

Yeah, there are some good data recovery software out there.. such as recuva and backtrack by linux. What did you mean by a full 'destructive recovery' in windows 7. better yet explain to me how you lost the data in the first place? Any of these data recovery should help with documents and image files I'm unsure of videos though

Thanks, just run the factory reset in windows 7....didn't back up!! Why photos not videos out of interest?

Yeah, there are some good data recovery software out there.. such as recuva and backtrack by linux. What did you mean by a full 'destructive recovery' in windows 7. better yet explain to me how you lost the data in the first place? Any of these data recovery should help with documents and image files I'm unsure of videos though

You can tell Recuva to specifically look for images, videos. It can search and recover any file. I formatted my portable hard drive by accident once and was quickly able to recover everything

All the data recovery software i have ever used has never recovered a video file, if it does, it will be broken into different segments and unplayable. I'm still looking for a software that is capable of totally recovering video files.

The windows.old folder would only be present if you didn't format the drive or you upgraded. If its there you can digging through the files to find what you need.

Back
Top Bottom