cool uses for old phone

Cortb

In Runtime
I'm looking for cool ways to use my old htc 8x now that i've switched to android. i was trying to find ways to integrate it into my desktop as a mini display pannel for temps, and cpu usage, etc. the only thing ive been able to do so far is use it as a wifi dongle.

what do you guys do with old phones?

I've got a media connectivity in my car (where I can connect an old phone to the stereo via cable and control it via steering wheel controls, so I use an old phone as a car juke box...

I'm using an android tablet as a media centre remote control (XMBC) if I had an old android phone I'd consider using that instead of the large tablet.

My HTC 8X runs Windows phone 8, so i was hoping there might be some microsoft apps that connected them or something, but there is such a crappy selection of apps on the windows store compared to google play.

As a remote control could be an option.
Unified remote is an app that have a lot of control options. It can ofcause control mouse and keyboard. But it also have some control layouts for Youtube and windows media player/center, XMBC, powerpoint and most popular internet browsers. It's a great app.
It's free on Android, but you are gonna have to pay for it on Windows Mobile. You can try it for free first though.

If you are hardcore you could also root your phone and install a custom android ROM

Back
Top Bottom