Windows 10

Not when I am being followed everywhere I go. If you want to know the difference, install Google Chrome, and Tor browser. Then use CCleaner after using each browser. About 300 to 400 MB of tracking cookies difference. Internet Explorer the same way. Watch the cartoon Google Toilet. It is real now, except it is your PC.

suuuuurre. They are interested in what YOU are doing.
Tracking you everywhere you go because you are so special.

Your concern about cookies and Microsoft actually using keyloggers on their users baffles me.
If you see it this way, you should leave the internet all together.

Do you know what a cookies does?

I'll copy paste some info whatarecookies.com.

Cookies are a convenient way to carry information from one session on a website to another, or between sessions on related websites, without having to burden a server machine with massive amounts of data storage. Storing the data on the server without using cookies would also be problematic because it would be difficult to retrieve a particular user's information without requiring a login on each visit to the website.

If there is a large amount of information to store, then a cookie can simply be used as a means to identify a given user so that further related information can be looked up on a server-side database. For example the first time a user visits a site they may choose a username which is stored in the cookie, and then provide data such as password, name, address, preferred font size, page layout, etc. - this information would all be stored on the database using the username as a key. Subsequently when the site is revisited the server will read the cookie to find the username, and then retrieve all the user's information from the database without it having to be re-entered.

How Secure are Cookies?

There is a lot of concern about privacy and security on the internet. Cookies do not in themselves present a threat to privacy, since they can only be used to store information that the user has volunteered or that the web server already has. Whilst it is possible that this information could be made available to specific third party websites, this is no worse than storing it in a central database. If you are concerned that the information you provide to a webserver will not be treated as confidential then you should question whether you actually need to provide that information at all.

You see cookies are not about tracking and gathering info about people. It's for making the experience better on a given site.
However, you should always be careful with the info you leave on the internet. It's common knowledge.

Last edited:
For What It's Worth:
While ukrberserker23 may be a little too paranoid, I think that BikerEcho is also a little naive. It's not that anyone is special, but your actions are absolutely being tracked. If in doubt, research a program called CarrierIQ. It's on every. single. smartphone. Then ask yourself if that kind of technology exists on your PC.

Regardless, this isn't the thread to start a conspiracy theory debate, so let's try to stay on the topic of Windows 10 please. Thanks all!

Wasn't trying to start a conspiracy. I have been followed by government goons through three different states for the last year and a half. The only safe browsing you can do is through Tor browser, and they can probably get through that too. I just read a review of Windows 10 a couple days ago, and it said they can track everything you do. At least with Tor, it bounces you around to different countries. They can still monitor everything you surf or write, but they can't track your location. I won't install Windows 10 on my laptop.

I'll rather be naive (even though i did state that you should always think about what info you give and who you give it to online) than being THAT paranoid.

But yeah. Let's keep talking about windows 10.

Last edited:
I have to assume you know what keystroke loggers are. Have you ever looked up the list of keywords that turn govminf's eye towards you? I have before. The article I read says Windows 10 tracks everything you do. You can write a reply on this site, and everything you say will be sent to the new NSA facility in Nevada.Everyone smart has already switched to Unix, Linux, or some other OS. Windows always loads you up with updates that just slow everything down.I can't imagine anything has changed with a new version of DOS.

Hey guys have heard of the "continuum" feature in windows 10?
It's not in the beta yet. but it detects what hardware you have connected and then change the UI to ether teblet mode or desktop mode. So if you have a hybrid computer, when you then go to tablet mode (flipping over the screen or however it's designed) windows will go to tablet mode. Check out this demo

Windows 10: Enterprise Features & Core Experience for Businesses - YouTube

Yes, I've certainly heard of it.

Continuum doesn't offer much benefit unless it's used on a convertible device. I suspect few people on this forum run convertible devices so it doesn't peak their interest. I have a MS Surface Pro 3 (same as what's shown in the vid) running Win 8.1 and so I am very interested in Continuum.

As interesting as Continuum might be, Win 8.1 is actually well suited to run on convertible machines. On my SP3, when I am in tablet mode (keyboard detached or folded back), I use mostly Metro apps since they are better suited to the touch interface. However, when I attach the keyboard and run in laptop mode, I mostly run desktop apps. Regardless of which mode I'm in, I can choose to run either type of app. The screen on the SP3 is gorgeous but really too small to run more than about 2 apps side-by-side so Win 10 with it's windowed Metro apps isn't a big draw.

But - I have a dock for the SP3 and can attach multiple large screens to it. In that mode, the SP3 is basically a desktop so then the benefits of Win 10 and Continuum will really come into play.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom