Mouse pad keys

bebbles12

Baseband Member
My wife has a dell inspirion M5030 and my son has a toshiba satellite M305D S4830 both which I took apart to clean the fan and when I put them back together as carefully as I could, the mouse pad keys both have failed. Can't figure out what I keep doing wrong? :)
B

Thanks for the reply, the track pad was working but I think I screwed things up when I kept taking it apart so I ordered a new one off Ebay. I'll keep you posted.
B

Does the keypad have a ribbon (instead of plug)that clicks in to make contact ?I have had this come loose and not seated right in the past.took a couple of goes to fix

It does have a ribbon and I took it to a local computer repair store and discovered I was putting the ribbon back in crooked. :)

It does have a ribbon and I took it to a local computer repair store and discovered I was putting the ribbon back in crooked. :)

Those ribbons can be tricky. You have to seat them just right or they can give you problems. It would be a lot easier if they just had wires to plug back in.

Back
Top Bottom