Windows 10

If you click the "I don't have one" option should allow you to create a local account you would think..

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Computer Forums mobile app

They should make that happen.

Just installed it on my work computer.
I have messed around with it for half an hour now. i am off work soon, so i figured i'll let you know of my first experience.
So far i really can't say if i am disappointed or not.
I have already used the feedback app.

First off, it's windows 8 with fixes.
because i have only used it for 30 minutes i can't say much about it, but here is the things i have complained about in the feedback app.

OneDrive:
I clearly said when installing windows 10 that i didn't want to use onedrive.... yet i still see it in explorer and in the taskbars's "show hidden icons" menu. I don't see a reason to add OneDrive if i don't want it.

PC-settings:
They still have that stupid PC-settings menu.
They really have to combine PC-Settings and the control panel. It's simply bad design having 2 settings menus
Also some of the settings in PC-settings is also available in control panel... and if you want to add a password for your account via the control panel, it sends you to PC-settings... WTF is that shit about?
They should just add the features in PC-settings to the control panel.

Windows Store:
The windows store still look like a cheap tablet port... no commend. :facepalm:

search menu:
There is a search icon next to the windows start menu. The search icon brings up EXACTLY what would be brought up if you just start typing in the start menu's search field. That search menu is USELESS

Well, that's about my experience so far. Can't wait to test it out some more.

I wouldn't get too excited just yet about Windows 8 as it is a real memory hog. I tried the os in Virtual Box just to see what it would do before putting it on a real computer and it said I needed more than 4GB of memory. Windows 7 minimum standard is 4GB and works fairly well with only 4GB but could always use a bit more memory. Windows 10 though right away needs much more memory. So not for the average user just gamers.

I wouldn't get too excited just yet about Windows 8 as it is a real memory hog. I tried the os in Virtual Box just to see what it would do before putting it on a real computer and it said I needed more than 4GB of memory. Windows 7 minimum standard is 4GB and works fairly well with only 4GB but could always use a bit more memory. Windows 10 though right away needs much more memory. So not for the average user just gamers.

I've used Windows 7 on 2GB and it was alright but putting 4GB of ram in helped. How much ram did Windows 10 run fine with? I haven't tested it out yet.

If you can run Windows 7 you can run both Win 8 and 10 equally well, if not better so.
Sense the resource hog Vista, Microsoft have finally started to reduce the requirements for windows.
Windows have had a history being more performance hungry than competitive OS'es. Like MacOS X and basically all Linux distributions. So i am glad they are finally stepping up and showing good programming skills.

As for BK's question. It's about the same. My laptop at work is running Win10 Beta with 4 gig of RAM.
It runs fine.

Last edited:
I am running Windows 10 in VMware Player with a laptop that has 4GB of Ram and the host drive is Windows 7. I owe you guys here thanks for the information about VMware I too tried Virtual Box but it was a failure but not with VMware. So far it doesn't look bad and I think I might start using the new OS once they get the bugs out and once Windows 7 sunsets.

I think this sums up the naming situation pretty well ;)

Ha! Nice.

Question: If it were named Windows 9, would there be this much internet chatter about it?

Answer: Probably not.

Conclusion: It's just a means of getting people to talk about it.

I am running Windows 10 in VMware Player with a laptop that has 4GB of Ram and the host drive is Windows 7. I owe you guys here thanks for the information about VMware I too tried Virtual Box but it was a failure but not with VMware. So far it doesn't look bad and I think I might start using the new OS once they get the bugs out and once Windows 7 sunsets.
Just a note that Win 10 runs fine in a VirtualBox VM, it's just that the Guest Additions won't install so it's not optimal.

I've actually setup VMs with Win 10 using VMWare Player, VrtualBox and Hyper-V.

Ha! Nice.

Question: If it were named Windows 9, would there be this much internet chatter about it?

Answer: Probably not.

Conclusion: It's just a means of getting people to talk about it.

I'm not so sure - Microsoft have had plenty of people talking about their products as of late, not much positive though!

They need talk sure, but not of the "oh here they go again, they can't count" kind...!

Back
Top Bottom