Lg 47lw5600

hobby_guy1

Baseband Member
Hello I have an LG Tv and when I turn it on is a black screen but I could hear the audio I been checking on YouTube that it might be a capacitor but I couldn't see a mess up one so not sure what it could be I try with the YouTube ppl but no reply so I was wondering anybody from here might know a little bit of TV.

I try different power outlet pressing the menu button but no matter what I press is stat in the black screen. Well thanks in advance. :)

what cables are you using to connect to the TV?
is the TV the only monitor connected to the computer?
Why aren't you using (dot) after a sentences?

Last edited:
what cables are you using to connect to the TV?
is the TV the only monitor connected to the computer?
Why aren't you using (dot) after a sentences?

Sorry for not using dots. But I only have my console and its been connected with RCA. Not connected with something else, is the only thing I have for it, not regular channels, or DVD. I could go buy a HDMI and see if that would make a difference. :)

You should do that. the image quality suddenly gets sharper.

I try with the HDMI but nothing it was still black screen and couldn't hear anything. And when I connect the console with the RCA cables I was able to hear it. Any other suggest, well thank you again. :)

hmm. that's odd.
There should be a restore settings to default in the TV's menu.
Try that. You might accidentally have changed something that shouldn't have been changed.

Oh sorry I might of not explain my self rite. There are menu buttons and volume buttons on the tv but it just stay in black screen no matter what I press. There are no menu display when I press the button. I just don't know what to do. When I connect my console thru the RCA cables I could hear the console, is on black screen but the back light is still on.

SO, when you plug in audio to the audio in, you can hear audio...

but on those (rca, monitor and HD by component-RBG) inputs the audio is seperate. you could just plug an ipod into the audio in jack to use the TV as an amplifier.

so don't read too much into the audio working but not the display...

so you can see menus when you press the menu button? - this would show that the screen and the back light are working properly.

What if you use the input selections to put the TV into regular tuner mode? can you see a picture, or any static etc? -you may not see static as I think it's got a digital tuner in it (DVB-T)

have you tried any other picture source?
it seems that you are trying to connect your DVD player either by composite or HDMI and not getting a picture. but that might mean that the DVD player is broken rather than the TV!

Back
Top Bottom