Advice on this Computer Please?

RockPigeon

Beta member
Hello everyone. Due to my laptop breaking and sounding like an Indian Rainstick when you pick it up, I'm in the market for a new laptop.

I specifically want a laptop that can run games on it. Some games I play are Skyrim, Minecraft, Team Fortress 2, etc. I am trying to find a laptop that can play these efficiently on high settings.

My friend offered to sell me his Alienware m11x r2.

These are the specs:
-Core i3 processor
-Nvidia GeForce GTX 335m graphics card w/ 1gb of ddr5 and 8gb of ddr3 ram
-320gb hard drive.

As an FYI, he's looking to get around $500 for it. The absolute most I would spend on a new laptop is $1000 (and as a heads up, I'm looking for a laptop only, no desktops at the moment). Thank you!

I don't like laptops but in this case I need you to stay away from that laptop I owned one and it was no good you want to get a desktop if you want to game propyl but I understand if you don't want one, now if you are going to get a laptop we need a budget to work on and I will try my best to find you a good laptop :)

Sent from my iPad using Computer Forums

---------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 PM ----------

Sorry I didn't read the whole thing through sorry again I will have a look now for a laptop

I don't like laptops but in this case I need you to stay away from that laptop I owned one and it was no good you want to get a desktop if you want to game propyl but I understand if you don't want one, now if you are going to get a laptop we need a budget to work on and I will try my best to find you a good laptop :)

---------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 PM ----------

Sorry I didn't read the whole thing through sorry again I will have a look now for a laptop

What wasn't good about it? You're specifically talking about Alienware?

Well I got one and it overheated and died in about 3 months then damp got in the screen making it go all blank at the edge of the screens and they are over priced+ the one your friend is selling you is a bit underpowered it won't be able to play games on high or ultra

Problem is it's not really that good. Alienware wanted to make a laptop that was powerful yet small.
I'll say they succeeded. For the size (11.6 inch) it was back then pretty good. Again... for a 11.6 inch laptop.
still worse than almost all laptops in it's price range at the time. They charge extra for the logo and the small design.
The model is 4 years old and now it's considered nothing less then a bad laptop.

why would you want to play games on a 11.6 inch screen anyway?
I'll say find another laptop

Back
Top Bottom