$1000 to Spend on a Gaming Laptop?

RockPigeon

Beta member
Hi everybody.

So basically, I have a maximum budget of $1000 to spend on a new laptop that I will be using to play video games. (Note: I need a laptop, not a desktop)

I will be playing games such as Skyrim, Minecraft, etc.

Do you have any recommendations? Somebody suggested Alienware but I've heard they are overprices.

I'll stay away from Alienware because they are overpriced.

checkout this filtered list:
Newegg.com - Computers & Tablets, Laptops / Notebooks, Gaming Laptop, Gaming Laptops, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 870M, $750 - $1000, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M,...

• They all have ether the 860m or 850m GPU. (those are some great mobile GPU's)
  • They all have ether an up to date i5 or i7.
  • They are all between 850 and 1000 bucks

My personal favorite of them is this one:
Acer Aspire V3-772G-7616 Gaming Laptop Intel Core i7 4712MQ (2.30GHz) 8GB Memory 256GB SSD NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M 2GB GDDR5 17.3" Windows 8.1 64-Bit - Newegg.com

• It's big. 17inch. Good for laptop gaming
  • It's on of the i7 laptops from the list
  • It has a 256gb SSD. I would have bought one later if it didn't come with one. so i save some money here

The downsides is that it's not as pretty as the Lenovos in my opinion and is doesn't have backlid keyboard as a few of the other once from the list. It also "only" have the 850 instead of the 860. But i rather game on a bigger screen and have an SSD.

If you are not interested in 17 inch, then go with this one: Lenovo Y50 - Gaming Laptop - Newegg.com

• It has an i5, instead of the I7. Doesn't matter for gaming anyway. I7 is designed for CPU rendering and de/compression tasks
  • It has the 860 GPU. That's gonna give you an extra boost in gaming compared to the 850.
  • It has a backlid keyboard and in my opinion a better design than the Acer .
  • It comes with a pathetic 8 gig SSD. Well... better then nother i guess. You can use it as SSD cache. That will speed up the boot time
  • The screen is a 15 inch instead of a 17. But if that isn't a bother for you, then get this one.

Last edited:
Get the Lenovo Y50. I recommended it to a friend and it kicks ass! He got a better model though that was on sale for 1000. It had a 128gb ssd, an 870M, and a better proc. That was some sale :D But yeah the Y50 is awesome period. Trackpad is awful though.

Back
Top Bottom