dual boot problem

zeezeiler99

Baseband Member
hey guys,

I've downloaded Linux cinnamon (64-bit) and I burned it on a dvd.
So i booted the dvd with my Acer Aspire 5750 G and installed it from the gui that the dvd gave me.
After the installation i had to reboot my laptop and it wouldn't shut down... When i boot up my laptop i don't get a menu with Linux and Windows 7 home premium to choose from.
Is there something I did wrong or something I still have to do?
I'd like to hear a solution for it :)

greetings

Joost

Is there bios setting for secure boot or anything that may be stopping it? Did you try the install again and see if mint was actually installed?

Is there bios setting for secure boot or anything that may be stopping it? Did you try the install again and see if mint was actually installed?

yes I did checked it for installation. Well, I can't find anything in the bios that might be helping me :/, i installed it again too.

is there a uefi setting in the bios? I think it usually runs osprober at the end of the install and and says something about finding windows i cant remember its been a long time since i dual booted anything

is there a uefi setting in the bios? I think it usually runs osprober at the end of the install and and says something about finding windows i cant remember its been a long time since i dual booted anything

I really tried every single option of the bios but I couldn't get it to let me choose which os to boot. At the end of the installation it said that it would show me a menu with boot choices, which I can't find...

When you boot does the bootloader show anything to boot to an alternative OS.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Computer Forums mobile app

Is your computer powerful enough to run the Linux OS in a virtual machine? That would be a better option.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Computer Forums mobile app

Back
Top Bottom