First Build is not going well :(

Vinaell

Baseband Member
SO i have all my components in and wired properly (i think) and i plug in the power switch on and i see lights come on the mobo and the GPUs but none of the fans kick on and the on off button on the tower is working no lights on the tower or anything. Heres a list of my components

CM Storm trooper tower (black)
Maximus VI Hero mobo
Intel G3258
Kingston HyperX ram 2x4gb 1600
CM 800w Silent pro Gold
120gb Kingston SSD
1TB Seagate HDD
2x Asus R9 270s crossfired

Any suggestions to what i could be missing?

Are there any post codes that appear on the mobo or beep codes? Is every power cable fully pushed in? Is every part of your mobo getting power (cpu 8 pin, 24 pin, etc.) Are molex cables and anything else plugged in? Check everything. Reseat your cpu. Reseat your gpu.

Ive checked everything. I havent reseated anything yet. Thinking of taking it all apart putting it back together my question is. Is if the cpu is a z97 and the Mobo is a z87 without the bios update will it stop everything in the CM storm trooper from comming on and reacting?? ive had the tower and power supply hooked up to some old junky mobo and processor in the past and everything work... Does everything require the processor to turn on and start?

Does everything require the processor to turn on and start?

Short answer, yes. It's required in order to do the POST procedure and most components don't come online (or show on screen) until POST begins at the earliest.

I tried flashing the bios via usb but i think i read somewhere that u need the updater tool too and that requires the regular z87 chip to even boot up to get into

I am not positive on that. If you can return your z87 mobo and get a z97 one instead that would be a lot better and easier.

I purchased it a year ago :/ thats the issue lol
so i might just have to sell it on craigslist and buy a new one

Either that or someone else on here (chances are pretty high) will know how to fix this without having to do that

Back
Top Bottom