Need help with a cheap build

Vinaell

Baseband Member
Ok i know you guys see budget builds all the time and probably have some builds already set up so figured id ask here. My Teen daughter wants a desktop. She wants it for ofcourse the internet uploading pictures (so needs an SD slot) and probably watching videos. maybe webcamming etc... nothing major. I dont want to spend a lot of money at all. but i want it to be upgradeable. Anyone have any super cheap build ideas laying around?

simple. That's so i know if it's a part list you want to a link to a prebuilt or custom built system.
Do you have a specific budget?
Would you prefer a small form factor?

Dont really have a specific budget just something pretty cheap that will provide simple computing. with a possibilty to run something simple like movie streams or like World of Warcraft on just good settings.

What do you think of this build: Intel Core i3-4150, Thermaltake Versa H22 - System Build - PCPartPicker

It will play world of warcraft with the inbuilt GPU located in the processor. But it's not gonna be high settings. I'll think mid settings at 40+ FPS. i'll check it out for you

It also has an SSD. It's only has 128 GB, but i don't know if your daughter are gonna install a lot of things. An SSD makes a huge impact on the performance.

hard to find a benchmark for world of warcraft on the HD4400 GPU running on I3-4150.
But for what i can compare with similar specs, it should be playable at mid settings.

That looks like a really nice set up. Thanks. Ill see about getting started and let you know of the progress

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

The i3 is currently on sale at my local frys electronics for $88

Back
Top Bottom