Ever considered running a wiki?

litephase

Solid State Member
I've not been a member of CF for that long (although I am loving the community here), so this may have been raised before - have you guys considered running a CF wiki? I think it could be useful to have a central repository of information, such as common issues or member projects/builds.

It has been discussed several times, and at length. Nothing ever resulted from it, but there would certainly have to be some restrictions. Having a publicly editable Wiki under the CF name could potentially land the site in hot water... so there's that giant liability lingering. With some access controls though, I don't think it'd be a terrible idea as I'm sure others would agree.

See http://www.computerforums.org/forums/site-admin-news-feedback/cf-wiki-197713.html

EDIT: My personal thought on this is, sure why not? (granted there are controls), but it may also distract from the forums, or it may also add value. It's all speculation until the 'rubber meets the road,' that is to say; anyone can speculate any number of possible outcomes, but only testing it will show it's true effectiveness.

Last edited:
The problem is every one wanted to talk about it but no one wanted to do the work. A wiki is very labour intensive and needs a lot of attention on what people are adding in. Needless to say that requires a lot of moderator attention also. Seems it went the way of the software project discussed here also.
Vaporware...

Back
Top Bottom