Laptop giving me headache :-)

DizzyRunk

Baseband Member
hello all i got a lenovo ideapad z565 laptop.. every time i turn it on i hear the fan spin for about 10 seconds max an it just stops. the speaker light remains on but everytthing else is dead.. could this laptop have a dead motherboard?

It might be one of the RAM modules. If it is you are in luck. It's a somewhat cheap fix.
and you can get a 8 gigabyte RAM kit instead. So it will both be a fix and a upgrade sense you only have 4GB

what you do is taking off the backplate which will reveal the insides. If you have 2 RAM modules Then take out 1 of them.
if nothing happened try swapping the ram and see if it works.

Last edited:
It might be one of the RAM modules. If it is you are in luck. It's a somewhat cheap fix.
and you can get a 8 gigabyte RAM kit instead. So it will both be a fix and a upgrade sense you only have 4GB

what you do is taking off the backplate which will reveal the insides. If you have 2 RAM modules Then take out 1 of them.
if nothing happened try swapping the ram and see if it works.

hey thanks for the replies i trid removing each ram an tried ram from another laptop still the same results.. I tried hooking up to external monitor with no joy.. is it safe to say that this board is bad

hmm. It seams that way.
First try to remove the bios battery and the main battery. press the power button, then add the batteries again.
This will reset CMOS.
If that doesn't help i am lost. hope you still have insurance on it.

hmm. It seams that way.
First try to remove the bios battery and the main battery. press the power button, then add the batteries again.
This will reset CMOS.
If that doesn't help i am lost. hope you still have insurance on it.

Ahh i am trying to locate the cmos battery on it now

Here are some pics to help you

acer_ferrari_5000_detach-rtc-battery.jpg

coin-cmos-battery-560x420.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 PM ----------

Just look for a button cell battery

Back
Top Bottom