World of Warcraft Build - Open to Suggestions

Bahawolf1

Fully Optimized
Hey there!

I'm looking for suggestions on my current part list (Intel Core i7-4790K, EVGA GeForce GTX 760, Corsair 450D - World of Warcraft Build v1 - bahawolf's Saved Part List - PCPartPicker). I'll be doing the following with this PC...

• Playing World of Warcraft (hopefully on Ultra)
  • Light gaming including Sims 3 / 4
  • Web development
  • General usage (internet browsing, etc)

Please note that I'll be upgrading the graphics card (EVGA GeForce GTX 780 6GB Superclocked ACX Video Card (06G-P4-3787-KR) - PCPartPicker) within 30-45 days of purchase, if I can't play on "Ultra" within WoW. AMD cards do not run WoW well (in my own experience), so I've stuck to Nvidia for this build.

• Are there any further suggestions?
  • Will the "temporary" card I've picked probably give me the ability to run the game on "Ultra" within the native resolution of the 27" monitor?

Thanks!

I like helping people with their planned PC builds, you're no exception.

• I would go with a different case myself. The 450D is the lowest quality case Corsair has ever made. In that price range you can get a NZXT H440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro, Fractal Design Define R4, CM 690 III, etc...
  • I would wait a few more weeks for the release of the Geforce 800 Series. I do believe that they will come out sometime in September.
  • I would go with the WD Black instead of blue, a decent amount better.
Everything else seems like a good choice to me. If you wanted to make the build look amazing you could get a white version of one of the cases I mentioned, get some black RAM. Then you would have one sick looking beast.

If you wait until the 800 series comes out, then you could go with a 880 or even 870 and either of those could handle 1440P. I hope I helped, and I hope you have a great day! :D

I would go with a different case myself. The 450D is the lowest quality case Corsair has ever made. In that price range you can get a NZXT H440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro, Fractal Design Define R4, CM 690 III, etc...

Thank you! I wasn't quite sold on the case anyway. :) I appreciate the suggestions and would be open to spending more on the case. At the very most, the case would run $150.00 or so, so I'm not all that worried there.

I would wait a few more weeks for the release of the Geforce 800 Series.

Is there any official news of the release date for this series, or even an official hint?

I would go with the WD Black instead of blue, a decent amount better.

Thanks for this suggestion as well!

Currently the 800 series is just rumors. It was originally rumored to be released in March, then it changed to September. I don't have any idea what happened. If I heard correctly the 870 and 880 will come out this year, however the 860 will be out early next year.

You're welcome for the help. If you want to do some research on cases I found a great youtuber that does awesome case reviews.

https://www.youtube.com/user/HardwareCanucks

The 800 series is now the 900 series. 800 series is only for laptops. The 900 series drop this month (2 weeks from now I believe). Try to swing a larger ssd if you can. Wait for the 900 series and get the top of the line or second best to future proof yourself.

That looks fine but if you want you could go amd and spend the extra cash on upgrading the gpu and other parts

Sent from my iPad using Computer Forums

If you're going to play games on line here's some other things you might want to look in to.

Get a good wireless card like
N900 Wireless Dual Band PCI Express Adapter TL-WDN4800 - Welcome to TP-LINK
It has 5ghz so the bandwidth is very wide and the channels on 5ghz are less occupied. I get 450mbs. If you're hardwired in get it anyway. It's like 45 bucks. zoom zoom

Check with your ISP for what bandwidth you have now and what the next tier is. Tell them caps on usage is a deal breaker.

Check your router. If it's old and slow get something nice.
N750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router TL-WDR4300 - Welcome to TP-LINK
I have that and it's all about zoom zoom.

And if you really want to splurge get an Antec P280 case. http://www.antec.com/product.php?id=704504&fid=6&lan=us

SIZE DOES MATTER! WOOHOO!!!

Last edited:
I must agree its a nice build. Whilst I am no expert/guru when it comes to cases the NZXT H440 looks very nice. Anyways Wow and Sims 3/4 aren't very demanding games even my current desktop and could play them..

Get a good wireless card like
N900 Wireless Dual Band PCI Express Adapter TL-WDN4800 - Welcome to TP-LINK
It has 5ghz so the bandwidth is very wide and the channels on 5ghz are less occupied. I get 450mbs. If you're hardwired in get it anyway. It's like 45 bucks. zoom zoom

Awesome. I actually needed a wireless card and this looks great! Going to add it to my list. :)

And if you really want to splurge get an Antec P280 case. Antec - P280

SIZE DOES MATTER! WOOHOO!!!

Haha! I'm typically a fan of huge cases! For this build in particular, I needed to be reasonable about the size (for now) because our cats have stolen my home office area and my PC will be within common living quarters downstairs. That being said, I might just migrate everything over as soon as I get my office back. :)

Back
Top Bottom