EVGA Mobo + SSD

~Darkseeker~

Fully Optimized
Morning/afternoon/evening all :)

Ive just put up with this until now, but i will put up with it no longer.

When my PC boots up, it shows the message 'Hard Disk adapter 1: no hard disk found'... but then proceeds to boot normally anyway. This happened with my original traditional magnetic hdd and it also happens with my newer Kingston hyper-X SSD.

However, since putting the SSD in; windows will occasionally (completely randomly, at it's own discretion it seems) fail to boot. IT will show 'Starting Windows'... then it won't show the little flag (Windows 7 start screen flag) and will eventually go to an error saying windows failed to boot, run start up repair etc etc

However, just rebooting it tends to fix that. Sometimes one reboot, sometimes two; point is, it always boots after a couple tries with no additional intervention.

Im starting to think the message im seeing at the beginning of the BIOS (no hard disk detected) and this occasional reluctance to boot are connected.

SATA controller is in ACHI mode (as recommended by Kingston), Kingston SSD is first boot priority and fast boot is disabled. Any ideas?

Cheers
J :whistling:

Sounds like the sata controller is failing. That's based on you're getting that message when the bios is booting up. I'd contact EVGA and let them know what's going on and see if they have some ideas for you to try out.

I have the same problems with various SSD's every once in a while. The reason you are having issues randomly is because the SSD is probably getting power cycled intermittently when you shut off the machine and it does properly boot.

Look for a firmware update for your SSD on the Kingston website and apply it, the firmware update may make you wipe your drive so have a backup of the system on another drive.

Back
Top Bottom