ntoskrnl.exe Causing Crashes

Mossiac

In Runtime
Hello folks,

I have two problems that I highly suspect are related.

The first is blue screens and random restarts. I have identified the cause of these and that is "ntoskrnl.exe"

The other problem that I have got is that the computer keeps freezing. It will do this after about 5 minutes of being in use. It will happen every couple of minutes and the freezing lasts about 10 seconds. Now I had thought Firefox was the issue and Chrome. But both have been uninstalled and it still happens. I have done virus scans and software clearing and nothing. Then the BSODs began hence why I think this is causing all the problems.

Thanks in advanced.

Mossiac

Mossiac said:
Hello folks,

I have two problems that I highly suspect are related.

The first is blue screens and random restarts. I have identified the cause of these and that is "ntoskrnl.exe"

The other problem that I have got is that the computer keeps freezing. It will do this after about 5 minutes of being in use. It will happen every couple of minutes and the freezing lasts about 10 seconds. Now I had thought Firefox was the issue and Chrome. But both have been uninstalled and it still happens. I have done virus scans and software clearing and nothing. Then the BSODs began hence why I think this is causing all the problems.

Thanks in advanced.

Mossiac

Maybe have a look at this thread: http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/23643-ntoskrnl-exe-bsod.html ?

~Sam
http://www.cornwallspace.co.uk

OK so I finally managed to get a couple of screen shots just after a crash.

Hopefully the attachments work.

One is the list from "BlueScreenView" and the other it what it opens up when I click on the highlighted cause.

Also this was the info windows showed me when it had recovered from its BSOD.

"Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 9f
BCP1: 0000000000000003
BCP2: FFFFFA800D944A10
BCP3: FFFFF80000B9C518
BCP4: FFFFFA800F532C30
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\090714-14398-01.dmp
C:\Users\******\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-1047765-0.sysdata.xml"

And I can't open the two files at the bottom there.

Mossiac

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 3
  • PC Crash.PNG
    PC Crash.PNG
    38.5 KB · Views: 4
Boot your computer then put your OS disk in the drive and then close any windows that popup. Then run sfc /scannow to replace broken or missing system files. The reason I say put the disc in, is sometime the cache is corrupted and it needs a clean unalterable source to get them from. Make sure you have the space between sfc and the slash, other wise it doesn't launch.

Try booting into safe mode with command prompt and type in "chkdsk /f". This command fixes corrupted data so some of your files may be erased. Reboot. If the problem still occures, insert your Windows 7 DVD and boot from it. Then repair your system.

Back
Top Bottom