Upgrading my HP

jaywash

Baseband Member
I bought an HP desktop computer because it was cheap, and so far it's serving me well enough. However, I'd like to upgrade it to play games a bit better, that's where you guys come in! :D

The Pc is an HP Model 500-339, I know it has integrated video and audio, so I'll need a new motherboard as well as graphics card (idk what i need for audio).

Can someone suggest some better hardware to put in here, that would also be compatible with the rest of the comoputer.
Thanks! :3

While you can upgrade the CPU, it does have a AMD A10 7800. Not much reason to upgrade that to a 7850K. He has no reason to upgrade the RAM, it has 8GB of DDR3 1600mhz already.

For being a HP it seems very simple to upgrade. It takes standard ATX power supplies, has PCI Express 3.0, and SATA 6gbs. No need to upgrade the motherboard or processor. Just go and grab a Corsair CX 430 for the power supply. For a SSD, just get a Samsung 840 EVO 120GB. For the graphics card a AMD R7 260X.

After those upgrades it won't be a bad gaming PC at all. I hope you have a great day! :)
wouldn't i need to change the mother board cuz the graphics are integrated.

Yeah, it you can go with a higher wattage power supply if you wish. The 260X is pretty power hungry.

I'd strongly recommend you upgrade the power supply, The minimum requirement is 500w.

500 Watt Power Supply is required. - See here SAPPHIRE R7 260X 2GB GDDR5 OC

wouldn't i need to change the mother board cuz the graphics are integrated.

Nope, Just because the motherboard has integrated graphics and you are buying a dedicated graphics card doesn't mean that you need to buy a new motherboard.

Just because the recommended PSU is 500 watts, doesn't mean it will actually take 500 watts of power. Example. My Dell Optiplex 755 has a 280 watt PSU, I have a Sapphire Radeon HD 5450 in it. It says it requires 450 watts of power. In no way does it.

I have checked the power consumption before. It was taking 34 watts of power, no where near the 450 watts it claimed.

Back
Top Bottom