First computer build, need help

Which r9 280 should I get? The asus, sapphire or xfx version that Craig suggested?

Sent from my iPad using Computer Forums

IPS monitors are the way to go. Color reproduction is better, viewing angles are better, and contrast is often better. However TN panels have better response times. IPS over TN imo.

Thanks Craig prince and wherewolf.

I'll check out those monitors and probably get an r9 280.

You're welcome.

Btw. skip Norton security. It's a resource hog and will meddle with many things in your setup. Get Avast free antivirus and use the Windows firewall or get Comodo free firewall instead. Both Avast and the suggested firewalls will do their job at just as good as any pay for stuff.

If you also want an on demand, malware scanner? Get Malwarebytes antimalware. It's also free for home users.

As for the R9 280 card, you likely will need a 650 W psu for it.

But you can check out the rigs total power requirement /consumption here:

http://www.extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for all the suggestions. I'm really starting to love this community, you've all been very helpful.

Craig prince, you said in your first post on my thread that the z87 uses an outdated chipset. What do you mean by that? Does it really make that much difference? What's the advantages of getting a current one?

The chipset is basically the connection between the motherboard and CPU, So the CPU would be slower. The Z97 is better but if you don't care about the latest goodies then go for the slightly older Z87..

Back
Top Bottom