email query

bluenose1940

In Runtime
I hope that this is in the right place, if not perhaps the mods will move it for me.

I am currently using Microsoft Outlook for my emails and I like to keep it tidy if I can. I have managed to copy the emails that I need to keep (I am the treasurer of the local cricket club) and have put them in files/folders on my hard drive with appropriate backups being made of them.

After taking the copies I then delete the originals from Outlook but, blow me, most of them turn up again in my in-box.

Two questions really, what is the simplest way of taking the copies that I need and secondly, is there a way that I can stop them from re-appearing.

Do I need to use a different email programme? Any advice will be most gratefully received. Thank you.

I have never used outlook. so can't help you much there.
The main reason i don't use it is because that the few moments i have spend with it had lead me to the conclusion that i don't like it.

Have you considered Gmail instead? It's properly the best Email service available today.
You are not gonna have that problem with Gmail.
You don't have to backup any email on a physical harddrive.
It's easy to manage mails.
It has taps to sort what kind of mail you have gotten. Like this:
tabs.jpg

In this case he have chosen the default, Primary, social and promotions. You can add more if you like
It has a wide variety of themes.
It has a clean and easy to use mobile version
With Gmail, you also get other google features like Google Drive. An online backup service with an inbuilt office suite.

Last edited:
Hello BikerEcho, thank you for your input, much appreciated. I assume that if I change to another email programme I will have to change my email address, which would probably be a lot of hassle. Is that the case?

That's true.
You can in outlook forward new mails to your Gmail. SO if you get mails from people that don't know of your new Email, you are gonna get it anyway.

You can also import existing Emails from outlook to Gmail

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

so there is gonna be a little work. But i think you are gonna appreciate that you did it when finished.

That's true.
You can in outlook forward new mails to your Gmail. SO if you get mails from people that don't know of your new Email, you are gonna get it anyway.

You can also import existing Emails from outlook to Gmail

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

so there is gonna be a little work. But i think you are gonna appreciate that you did it when finished.

Ha Ha this is probably quite funny!! I have set myself up with a gmail account and, having just got back from visiting my mother in hospital I now find that I can't get into it again. Can someone please guide me and, tell me how I( can put a shortcut icon on the desktop or on the taskbar so that I can go into my email with one click. Many thanks.

Right click on your desktop. Click new -> shortcut.
Enter in "https://mail.google.com/mail" and click next. Then give it a name. Like Gmail.
It will have the same icon as your default browser.
To choose something a little better you can download a new icon.
Like this one: http://www.iconarchive.com/download/i58923/wwalczyszyn/android-style-honeycomb/GMail.ico

save it and right click on the shortcut you just created. Choose properties -> change icon. Then click browse and find the file.
Done.

BikerEcho you are brilliant, thank you so much for this.

Edit......That worked a real treat thank you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom