getting geany to excecute in command line?

new2Computers

Solid State Member
I recently downloaded Geany. I've used it for classes before, but it was always run on a CentOS machine, so i have no idea how to configure it on windows. What do i need to do to get my programs to execute in command line or a terminal emulator? I know i have to add a terminal to "preferences", but i am lost on what syntax to use to make that happen

Start > Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt
OR
Open the folder the program is in through Windows Explorer, hold shift and right click anywhere inside the folder white space and select "Open command window here."

Type the name of the program to execute
e.g.
Code:
geany.exe

Press enter

**if the executable has spaces in the name, add quotes around the name when you type it in.

Neither one of those works. it'll pop up, but it goes away instantly. I can't even see if the code actually executed properly or not. it compiles fine, but i can't see the results

If you were able to get it work in CentOS is creating a virtual machine and running CentOS an option or do you have to run it in Windows?

Old thread again, but in case anyone still needs it...

You dont need to use command line for this.
Right click the file, select open with, browse to Geany.exe (in the folder you installed it into), and it will work.

Back
Top Bottom