Shut Down When Playing High End Games

MrBananaDragon

Beta member
So I've just built my new PC earlier this week, and already I've run into a problem. When running graphics-intensive games, my computer randomly blacks out. The fans are still running, and the power LED is still on. Holding the power button does nothing, and the only way to turn it off is to disconnect the power supply. Here are my specs:

Cooler Master Elite 350 Case (500W PSU)
AMD A8-6000K APU
Corsair Vengeance Blue 1600mhz 1X4GB
MSI A88XM-E35
Seagate Barricuda 1TB

I'm really starting to get frustrated with this issue. It doesn't seem to have a regular attack time, it can crash 1 minute in or 10.

After doing some extensive research on several forums, I came to the conclusion that it could be a PSU issue. I replaced the cable, took out my second hard drive, as I thought this could be draining the supply too much, but to no avail.

I'll have to do some checking while in game, but whenever it crashes the temperature is around 45 - 50 celcius.

No, the GPU is in the processor.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Computer Forums mobile app

If you are playing high end games your integrated GPU wouldn't be able to handle them. What is your cooling like?

You'd be suprised what this little guy can do. I'm currently running Assassin's Creed 3 on 720p at about 30 FPS

---------- Post added at 07:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 AM ----------

I just have the heatsink that comes with the processor, and one system fan.

I've had the same Issue, however I have a Warranty/Repair service I contacted them regarding the issue and they sorted it out for me.

So I decided to have a peek at the heatsink, took it off the processor, nothing seemed wrong, so I put it back. Now it works fine :p

I suppose. This was happening since the day I built the computer though.

Back
Top Bottom