What do you do for a living?

The thread "Easy Tech Job" made me curious, what do you guys do for a living? School? Work? Unemployed? We won't judge!

edit: I suppose I should answer my own question. I'm a graduate student/research assistant.

Last edited:
Nice to see you again Joga :)

I'm a junior database administrator at a "Top 100" internet retailer. I also have a few clients that I do various IT support for. Still going to school but done in December!

I'm a sr. software engineer at a large software company. I've worked in the tech field since the early 70's, I first worked on the hardware side but switched to software in 1986 and been there ever since. Hopefully, I'll retire in the near future.

Nice to see you again Joga :)

Nice to see you too iPwn! It's been a while, trying to be a little bit more active, but it seems like the community has dwindled.

I'm a sr. software engineer at a large software company. I've worked in the tech field since the early 70's, I first worked on the hardware side but switched to software in 1986 and been there ever since. Hopefully, I'll retire in the near future.

That sounds like a successful career. Do you have any plans on opening up a small business to keep your attention post-retirement?

Electrical/electronics trade background, retired early from the trade now currently I'm doing logistics with Arrium/OneSteel Australia.
I like my work so no retirement plans atm, must say I have not worked the traditional week at all for the last 20 years so I have plenty of recreational free time.

To me just like being in Utopia.

Currently working as internal IT Support in a for-the-most-part rural community. Our bank has 10 branches that we oversee. I work with two system admins keeping systems running smoothly for about 170 employees bank-wide.

Loving what I do right now because the employees are very respectful and appreciative of the work we do in the company. However, I do see myself moving on to bigger things in the next 10 years. I have a degree in business admin and social work, and would love to oversee/manage a non-profit group.

Still logging the occasional hour at a local PC shop where I've worked since 2006.

Primary job is working as a software engineer for a logistic management consulting firm.

Back
Top Bottom