Wont go past starting Windows

arsenalbates

Daemon Poster
Windows 7 machine wont go past starting windows screen.

Initially thought it was a HDD prob but after a full long pass i found that it was more serious.

I have removed all hardware apart from basics but still displays the same screen and freezes on starting windows with no HDD activity.

I know its not the drive as I have inserted the windows 7 reload disk (tried 2 seperate disks that I use regularly so i know they are working). Strange thing is that it gets suck on the exact same starting windows logo and freezes.

I go to boot from disk, says loading windows as usual and then goes to start up the installer but gets stuck at starting windows with the logo in middle exactly the same spot as if i was booting from the HDD.

I have also tried safe mode and swapped out the PSU, HDD, RAM and reset the BIOS.

I am now down to the processor and mobo but as i managed a full scan of the HDD using seatools i am unsure how one of these can be the issue.

I am totally stumped here. Hoping someone can throw some ideas about. :facepalm:

I had some odd issues one time with my computer. This was one of the symptoms, but a rare one. Turns out I destroyed my processor during an overclock attempt.

It's hard to diagnose the motherboard and processor. If you have the spare parts, swap out everything to a new case with the exception of the processor and motherboard. See what happens. If it works, you know it's one of the two for sure. In that case, depending on the age of the computer, I'd upgrade both parts.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Computer Forums mobile app

I had some odd issues one time with my computer. This was one of the symptoms, but a rare one. Turns out I destroyed my processor during an overclock attempt.

It's hard to diagnose the motherboard and processor. If you have the spare parts, swap out everything to a new case with the exception of the processor and motherboard. See what happens. If it works, you know it's one of the two for sure. In that case, depending on the age of the computer, I'd upgrade both parts.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Computer Forums mobile app

Thanks for your response.

The part I can understand is that the system runs seatools and manages a full test on 1 1TB HDD but it wont load any OS from disks or HDD. Surely the Seatools would be using the processor and therefore should have crashed.

BTW i cant even run Hyrans mini XP mode from disk. I have also checked all the BIOS settings and changed each value to see if it was a setting.

I will see if i can get my hands on another processor for this socket.

Back
Top Bottom