Accronis drive image question

tewitt1949

Baseband Member
Hi All, I just got a new laptop with 8.1 and being an XP user it has been a learning experience to say the least.

I been told the program Accronis will make a copy of the pc HD to an external drive. What I want to know is will Accronis recopy/install the saved image back to the PC if the PC won't boot up. Assuming the hardware is ok and the problem being I just screwed up the operating system.

I don't have a problem with I yet, but knowing computers, sooner or later there will be a problem, or I just need to refresh it back to an original point.

I now it works great on XP even if the PC won't boot. But since 8.1 is so different I'm not sure if it will do what I want.

Thanks in advance, Terry

It'd work just the same on Windows 8.1. You'd be able to wipe the drive and put the image you created back on the laptop.

Windows 8/8.1 is a great OS, I use it and I love it. I wouldn't go back to any older version of Windows. It takes a bit of getting used to but has some great new features..

Thanks BK

I went to the best buy site and a review from a customer mentioned you need a boot disk to reinstall it. Do you know anything about that? If so, how do you make a boot disk?

You can make one using the backup manager of the brand name you have. It should be in the programs stack when you open All Programs. Have a few DVD's handy.

Back
Top Bottom