DVD Drive not working

bluenose1940

In Runtime
I have just installed Windows 8.1 onto my computer and have now found that my DVD Drive is not working.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be the problem please.

Thank you.

Check if the drivers are installed, If not go to the manufacturers website and download them.
Yes I have checked the drivers and run an update but the system is telling me that the device is working properly and that the drivers are up to date.

I used this drive to install Windows 8 too

Last edited:
Try going to device manager and click on your DVD drive and un-install it. Then reboot. When windows restarts it should automatically detect your DVD drive and install the drivers for you.

Hope that helps

Try going to device manager and click on your DVD drive and un-install it. Then reboot. When windows restarts it should automatically detect your DVD drive and install the drivers for you.

Hope that helps

Yes I've tried that but it still remains the same. The drive will recognise a programme disk when I put it in, it will also play a disk that has some video content in it but it won't play a music DVD. I have checked that the region is correct........region 2?

I can't get it to autoplay either, I have tried everything.

Thanks for trying to help.

That is really strange that it would act up like that. I'm sorry my friend i couldn't help you further.

Back
Top Bottom