Sold my guns and raised money

LOL Smart Guy, let's put it this way, it's better to have it and not need it than it is to need it and not have it. ...
Using this logic, there's a bunch of stuff you must carry around with you!

You must carry things like a snake-bite kit, fire extinguisher and a de-fibrillator, since it's better to have those and not need them than to need them and not have them. I would have those on hand before a gun since the odds of needing any one of them is higher than the need for a gun. I personally only have a fire extinguisher on-hand since that's what I consider the most likely of those to actually have a need for.

Unfortunately, the decision to own a gun for HD is based mostly on emotions rather than using a logical thought process.

High Definition guns? Hilarious, Smart Guy. :lol:

Last edited:
Unfortunately, the decision to own a gun for HD is based mostly on emotions rather than using a logical thought process.

What isn't logical about wanting to defend one's self and loved ones? There was nothing emotional driving the people in Detroit who used them successfully in the last year to defend themselves

To me, that's like saying that wearing seat-belts in a car is based mostly on emotions rather than a logical thought process.

What isn't logical about wanting to defend one's self and loved ones? There was nothing emotional driving the people in Detroit who used them successfully in the last year to defend themselves

To me, that's like saying that wearing seat-belts in a car is based mostly on emotions rather than a logical thought process.
If there was a large probability that a gun would be needed to defend oneself and loved ones then yes, it would make logical sense. However, the fact that the need to defend oneself or family is so rare an event is what makes it illogical to go out and buy a gun for that reason.

You feel that having a gun for defense and wearing seat belts in a car are the same thing. However, the odds are FAR, FAR greater that you will be involved in a car accident in your lifetime while the odds that you will need to defend yourself with a gun are extremely rare. That's what makes one of the decisions logical while the other is purely emotional.

Someone living in Detroit may have a valid reason for owning a gun for self-defense since crime is extremely high there but for most Americans that is simply not the case.

I'd bet that just about everyone on this forum knows someone (perhaps themselves) who have been in a serious car accident yet few on this board know anyone that needed to use a gun in self-defense.

Last edited:
If there was a large probability that a gun would be needed to defend oneself and loved ones then yes, it would make logical sense. However, the fact that the need to defend oneself or family is so rare an event is what makes it illogical to go out and buy a gun for that reason.

You feel that having a gun for defense and wearing seat belts in a car are the same thing. However, the odds are FAR, FAR greater that you will be involved in a car accident in your lifetime while the odds that you will need to defend yourself with a gun are extremely rare. That's what makes one of the decisions logical while the other is purely emotional.

Someone living in Detroit may have a valid reason for owning a gun for self-defense since crime is extremely high there but for most Americans that is simply not the case.

While I don't agree with it all, I understand your reasoning. Thank you for the explanation.

I'd bet that just about everyone on this forum knows someone (perhaps themselves) who have been in a serious car accident yet few on this board know anyone that needed to use a gun in self-defense.
I actually have. Mine kept a man out of my old apartment long enough for the police to show up.

Last edited:
I had a break in when I was asleep Sunday morning. There was 3 guys in my house but I was locked in my room. I called 911 and they must have heard me because they split. I came out and my TV was in the chair and my VCR off the shelf.

Suppose they didn't leave and decided to murder me? Since then I had a gun so tell me it wasn't necessary.

Back
Top Bottom