Sold my guns and raised money

How does carrying a pistol in your car protect you from a drunk driver?

I apologize for daring to interject logic into a thread about guns. :)

It doesn't and then again I can shoot his sorry rear end for smashing my car. :rolleyes:

Not only that but the "click-click" sound of a 12-gauge being pumped is a very recognizable sound and often enough to deter perps from even attempting to break-in.

Of course you could actually use some logic and realize that the odds of you ever needing a weapon of any kind for home defense is very small. If you wish to worry about something dangerous that might actually happen, worry about the odds that you'll get killed in car accident on the way to or from the store to buy rounds for your home defense weapon! The odds are much greater of that happening.

It amazes me to here of you guys talking of buying weapons for self protection, gives the impression your society wants to murder each other:eek: How Sad!!!

In all years of my gun ownership having a reason for self protection has never entered my mind, no need as my weapons were purchased for target or hunting only.

Maybe as a countermeasure?

Sometimes in this life a single thing happens in a 0.000001% possibility that could destroy everything and a countermeasure for it does not cost much. I think is does not harm to have it.

It amazes me to here of you guys talking of buying weapons for self protection, gives the impression your society wants to murder each other:eek: How Sad!!!

In all years of my gun ownership having a reason for self protection has never entered my mind, no need as my weapons were purchased for target or hunting only.
Not all of us Americans are like that, unfortunately, a large number of Americans are which I agree with you is sad. Violent crimes such as murder have actually decreased over the last 50 years but gun ownership for "protection" continues to climb. I know people that own, not just one, but a dozen guns for "protection".

Technically the definition is: "kill (someone) unlawfully and with premeditation". So by defenition, if the state law allows you to kill somoeone who has entered your home, then you are not murdering them.

However this is clearly heading off topic. Bring it back on topic and lets not turn this into another gun control/law debate thread.

LOL Smart Guy, let's put it this way, it's better to have it and not need it than it is to need it and not have it.

Mine may be for HD but I like to shoot at the range so there they are. :)

Back
Top Bottom