Not Again! (Yes Again.)

Craig Prince

In Runtime
Yeah you know it. Know what? That I still can't decide what PC I'm going to build even after almost an entire year of thinking. :facepalm:

Now that I have a job, it's going to happen; and I sill can't decide. I've thought of MITX, MATX, and of course ATX. I can't even decide that, no way I can decide the parts. However I did decide it's going to be high quality parts, except for the GPU and CPU. The reason for that is once the Nvidea 800 series comes out and Broadwell come out I will upgrade to those.

No need to get a 780ti when the 880 will outperform it for less money. Same with broadwell. So it will most likely have an I3 and a 750ti, so tell me what you think about that.

Basically like I said I have no idea what parts to use, so that's why I made this thread. I have tried to decide so many times, and I just never can. So any help at all would be much appreciated. :D

I personally recommend ATX. Modern video cards could be held back with small motherboards and cases due to their size. They could cover some slots and might not be installed at all if the case is small or has interfering parts like the HDD shelves (or what every they are called in English).

Depending on you choice of games, you may want to not go lower than a quad core i5 and a mid-high range video card like an 760Ti at least.

I would like to add that the bigger case, the better cooling you will get.

Here are 2 good ATX cases:

Fractal Design Define R4 Blackout Silent ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Newegg.com

COOLER MASTER HAF 922 RC-922M-KKN3-GP Black Steel + Plastic and Mesh Bezel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case with USB 3.0 and Black Interior - Newegg.com

Corsair, makes solid powersupplies and RAM. Get a modular psu as it will reduce the cable clutter wich in it's turn will improve the airflow thru the case.

Invest in a good cpu cooler right away. CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO is a great one for the price.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099

Gigabyte and MSI makes good motherboards.

Asus, Gigabyte and MSI, have videocards that have the best, silent cooling soloutions.

Last edited:
I like the look of the HAF 922 case. I too would recommend going for a standard ATX case. If you are going to get the Broadwell when its released then you may aswell wait instead of building then upgrading once its released otherwise it would be a waste of money..

I decided to go with ATX. Sad thing about that is that I wanted to use a Corsair
case. Which meant no 650D, to old. 450D, it's the worst obsidian. 750D, Too big. So I decided to go the silent route.

Intel Pentium G3258, EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti, NZXT H440 (Black/Red) - Silent ATX (First PC Build) - Mudskipper40's Saved Part List - PCPartPicker

The G3258 is my temporary option, I bet you all know why. (Better then an I5 in gaming.)

The 750ti is the temporary GPU because it can play any game out at reasonable settings, and it is very quiet.

The reason why I went with the NZXT H440 is because it might be the only case quieter then the Define R4. Which is saying a lot. It is also very high quality and comes with plenty of fans.

The rest of the parts you can figure out easily enough. Thanks everyone for the recommendations! :D Tell me what you think.

Back
Top Bottom