Partitioning Query please

bluenose1940

In Runtime
I original posted this query along with my introduction as a newbie and the error was pointed out to me, and so here it is again.

Hi folks, I am looking for some help with partitioning the hard drive on my Acer laptop please.

I have just installed Windows 7 Ultimate on the laptop and the hard drive is set up as follows :-

Acer (C:) 219gb free of 283 gb
System reserved (E:) 72.3mb free of 101mb

What I am looking to do is have these two items in partitions of their own, leaving the third partition free to accept any data files/folders that I create in the future.
I will want the C: partition to be made large enough to carry the O/S and to be able to accept any new programme software that I may install on the machine.
I want to be able to reinstall/clean up the O/S at any time without disturbing my data.

I have downloaded the EaseUS Partition Manager onto the laptop but just don't know where to start to use it. Any help will be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Any responder should be aware that they will be dealing with a grey haired old codger and so an element of patience will be required!

Thaks again for looking.

The built-in disk manager in Windows is enough for what you are wanting accomplish. Anyway what kind of programs will you be installing. Also don't delete the system reserved partition as Windows uses that to store crucial files, This link will explain it but its best not to delete it anyway. Understand (and Get Rid of) the Mysterious Small Partition.

Thank you for coming in on my query. Interestingly the link that you provided clearly states that the "small partition isn't assigned a drive letter so you don't know it's there". My laptop is definitely showing it as Drive E:

Programmes that I will install are such things as Microsoft Office and suchlike. On the subject of MS Office, am I allowed to put my copy on both my pc and my laptop?

I will have a look at disk manager to see if I can do it that way.

Thanks again for your input.

I have now created 97gb of unallocated space and have given it the drive letter 'F'

The system is now telling me to 'Mount in the following empty NTFS Folder' at this point I am lost, can anyone tell me what to do here please. Thank you

I think that I may also need to format the new drive, do I do this as NTFS or FAT32, bearing in mind that the drive is for storing my data/pictures etc. etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom