Fourms on PC are Fooked!

CyclingSalmon14

Baseband Member
I have a odd issue across all fourm's I visit on PC.

I loose all formatting apon posting, aka no lines, I cant post smiles, aka buttons dont do anything no loading occurs nothing, nada, nien, zilch.

Other buttons dont work on some fourms, example I cant click post buttons and have to reply via advanced options on some fourms, on this fourm I cant acsses advanced mode, on others I cant acceses edit button, this one I can but posts wont save when I click post edit / post the edit I have just made.

There is a whole host of problems, I know its not the fourm as My tablet works fine and other members dont have these issues.

I have tried everything from reinstalling browsers, (and removeing all others before hand) restarts of PC, cleared cach,history fixed reg issue's updated things, removed and added extensions I just cant work it out and Im a tech savvy person that refurbs PC's for ***** sake, I am stumped though!!!

Any idea's, other than buying a new PC? (Which I really must do anyways...but £££)

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

Edit: Sorry when I say this fourm I meant CandlePowerFourm as that is a repost...My bad.

Other browser were the first thing I tried, I also reinstalled Firefox,chrome and uninstalled and tested each one on the system separately in cases they were somehow mucking up each other.

Could it be a hardware issue or is it a software issue? I cant see it being a hardware issue but one day they just stopped working around a few mounths ago and now I have had enugh.

Hey there,
Hardware faults would not be limited to forums, so that isn't the culprit. Have you tried booting into Safe Mode (assuming you're using Windows), and tried it there? If not, could you please boot into Safe Mode and see if it happens in there?

Either way, I'm going to try helping you through checking your system for an infection that could be causing this upon your next reply.

Thanks!

bahawolf, will give it a go, BK same to that to will try that not done a full scan in a while normaly rely on the live scan (Use mcafee as it protects and tracks my and my faimlys mobile devices and we get a great deal)

Yes hardware would not make sense but was a wild shot in the dark, internet speed is not an issue lol, Sky fibre, always 25Mb on speed-test and its only some functions on a fourm that wont work and different on each one.

coincidentally this fourm seems to give me no issues?

Virus scan showed nothing - as expected, I am carefully on the security side of things (Obviously not immune though)

Not tried safeboot yet but will.

As for network, am certain that's not a issue, I have no similar problem on any other device, and our network is well run and managed.

If you must know though we have:

Multipal "Boxes" for dad works, mainly switches ect, Test equipment and enviroments, we have added nas, we have a Test PC that I am hopeing to convince my dad to set up as a server to.

we also have:

5 Phones, 4 laptops, 4 Tablets, 1PC (Mine) and a Test PC for dads work. We also have a printer and the odd guest.

Nothing out of unusal tbh, I know the network is fine, my dad works with and on network's at a extremely high level, although mainly its VOIP and and stuff like that, Network we have is sound and sercure.

Conections are made via wifi,powerline,enthernet, we use all three :D

as said its a pc related issue I am almost sure of it.

Have you cleaned out your browser cache? I find a lot of cookies and session cookies linger giving me fits. Add ons to the browser can cause issues also. Disable any add ons you have running and then run this little jewel.

http://filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

Run it over and over till it picks up nothing or next to nothing. I use this and so do a lot of others here. It also has a reg cleaner that works pretty good. You'd be amazed how much crap gets left in the reg from installing and uninstalling programs.

Another little goodie you should use is findjunkfiles. Cleans out the garbage windows accumulates over time.

Find Junk Files - Free download and software reviews - CNET Download.com

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom