Screen Capture Software/Hardware

Six Million Dollar Man

Solid State Member
Hello,
I have been getting BSoD everytime I try to record anything on my screen. Right now I'm using Playclaw 5. I've tried looking up my blue screen code but I get nothing useful. What I want to know is if there is anyone with this issue and how did you correct it? Does anyone have any recommendations of what my set up should be to keep this from happening? Also do you have any ideas on what software or hardware that would be a little easier on the system? ;)

From following a lot of Utubers that use screen capture software the 3 ones that i know of are the following:

1) Frapps

2) Banicam

3) Screencast-o-matic

Those are the three that i know of, but i couldn't tell you wich one is the best. But i do know that Bandicam is better than Frapps.

Hope that helps.

I may have solved the issue. While I was recording I pressed the mute button on my surround system (I wasn't doing what you think) and Playclaw recorded my screen all the way through. This is a sure case of the drivers for my onboard sound not being updated.
When I tried to update in the past I could not access my sound in Windows for some reason so I left it alone. So I am ordering a sound card and that should solve the problem. I also get BSoD when I watch video on You Tube at times and the new card should help with that also. :trash:

Yeah, a new sound card and better drivers will likely fix this. Sound card drivers have a pretty big influence on the overall system as such.

I had terrible BSOD problems when I bought an Asus Xonar DS card for my old system in Windows 7. All the Asus drivers I tried did BSOD. Finally, I took the card out and uninstalled the drivers plus did run a driver cleaning program. Since then I did'nt have a single blue screen.

I think that this problem though whas due to that my old, previous and seemingly hardware sensitive Infinity motherboard did'nt liked the Asus card very much.

Last edited:
Yeah, a new sound card and better drivers will likely fix this. Sound card drivers have a pretty big influence on the overall system as such.

I had terrible BSOD problems when I bought an Asus Xonar DS card for my old system in Windows 7. All the Asus drivers I tried did BSOD. Finally, I took the card out and uninstalled the drivers plus did run a driver cleaning program. Since then I did'nt have a single blue screen.

I think that this problem though whas due to that my old, previous and seemingly hardware sensitive Infinity motherboard did'nt liked the Asus card very much.

I hope it wasn't the Asus Xonar causing your issues because I was thinking of purchasing that exact one! Amazon claims it's their #1 best seller. Ah, well I'll just return it if I have any issues. That's one of the many things I love about Amazon. :eek:

I dont think there will be any problems with that card for you. In my case, it whas likely the horrible, Infinity mobo that whas the main cause to my problems. But it still wont hurt to use a driver cleaner every time you update the sound card drivers for it. That is after the uninstallation of the previous one.

Driver Fusion (Driver Sweeper) Download

This might also be helpful:

Xonar driver cleaning guide | MaxedTech

Last edited:
A driver cleaner is not needed for uninstalling drivers. Simply go into the windows device manager and uninstall the device. Half of those are rip off's..

Back
Top Bottom